Performance transparency is critical for both small and large companies alike, which is why we’re pleased to announce the introduction of a new product feature to our WatchMouse monitoring services today – the WatchMouse Joomla widget!
The new widget enables Joomla users to easily publish their WatchMouse Public Status Page/s within the Joomla CMS system by simply installing an open source component and module. The Joomla component uses the WatchMouse API to download the monitoring results, and push them directly to a Joomla website, letting users display live availability and performance information on their Joomla-built website.
The new WatchMouse Joomla widget allows Joomla users, developers and site designers to:
- Publish hourly, daily or weekly availability and performance data
- Display data using a range of maps, charts and graphs
- Adjust the look and feel using CSS or use a selection of pre-existing styles which can be tweaked
View a live sample Providing a simple way for Joomla users to display the status of their critical services can give any size company immediate transparency with their users. We aim to create and introduce more Public Status Page widgets for organizations like Joomla who are the backbone for millions of websites including Tumblr, WordPress, Blogger and more. A WatchMouse Public Status Page (free to WatchMouse subscribers) is a web page that informs customers on the status of a website or service. It can reduce costly customer service interactions and create goodwill with end users. A Public Status Page shows the current status of a specified selection of online services and can display updates and public announcements for customers. The pages are hosted on the Amazon cloud infrastructure, ensuring that a company’s status pages are highly scalable. It also ensures that status pages continue to be publicly available even if a company’s main site or service is not. To get started:
- Sign up for a free 30-day trial or log into your existing WatchMouse account
- Set up a Public Status Page following the instructions published at the bottom of this page
- Download the widget from our Joomla page
- Login to your Joomla site and navigate to Extensions -> Install/Uninstall
- Click Browse, locate the component’s zip file and click the Upload File & Install button
- Click Browse again and locate the module’s zip file and click the Upload File & Install button
- Your installation is complete, navigate to Components -> Watchmouse PSP Widget and check our tutorial